Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Welcome All Myalgia Mommies

This morning when I woke up, I was as cranky as a toddler with the runs. My neck was stiff.  My back ached. As I threw my legs over the side of the bed, my joints cricked and cracked like dry twigs. A geriatric groan escaped my lips as I maneuvered myself out of bed. It wasn't graceful, and it wasn't pretty. And I'll admit I might have been a tad bit gruff when I hobbled into my son's room and ordered him to get out of bed and get ready for school.

What can I say? I was pissed - pissed that I can't roll out of bed any more with the finesse of an Olympic gymnast (even a retired Olympic gymnast) - pissed that my thighs shake and my knees buckle when I walk down stairs - pissed that at the ripe young age of 41, my body has betrayed me, and I now take more pills than my grandfather used to take.

Somehow, in the last five months, I have become a member of a very elite group - the Myalgia Mommies. Whether it be fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus or any other type of chronic physical discomfort, Myalgia Mommies are women joined together by a common thread - we are all parenting through the pain.


I must confess that I'm not sure what I would do without a very special group of friends and family to help me deal with my new reality. Myalgia Mommies wants to provide the same sense of support for those of you dealing with your own realities. We would love to hear from you. We want to know about your greatest successes - and your greatest failures.  Tell us about how you deal with parenting through the pain. Leave us a comment on our blog site or email us at myalgiamommies@gmail.com. We're looking forward to meeting you! -cvw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. We appreciate everyone who reads and has something to add to our community.

Popular Posts